Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's Not Too Late to Start!

Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and that your new year has gotten off to a great start! Mine sure has. While I haven't made a whole list of formal resolutions, I've decided to make this my healthiest year ever. I've resolved to exercise more and so far, so good. I wear my pedometer faithfully, and every day since January 1 I've met my minimum goal for walking. By the way, if you're looking for a good pedometer, the best, in my opinion, is the Omron HJ720. It comes with software that you can use to download your exercise stats to your computer so you can keep track of how you're doing. It measures aerobic steps, calories burned, steps walked, and distance in miles. I've had mine for about a year and absolutely love it, and just convinced my husband to order one after his cheap one stopped working. You can order it from http://www.amazon.com. They have several models to choose from. If you're in a hurry to get it, look for one at your local sporting goods shop, such as Academy.

Another change I've made this year is to purposefully incorporate more whole, fresh, organic foods into our diet. I joined a local organic food coop and it's great! I picked up my first order the other day and we've got a huge stash of wonderfully fresh organic fruits and vegetables.

Here's one more great resource I'd like to share: The 21-Day Vegan Kickstart. You can find it here: http://www.21daykickstart.org/messages/day7.cfm. It started January 1, but it's not too late. You'll find great recipes and tips for adopting a plant-based diet, celebrity interviews, webcasts, and a community forum. Check it out!

Wishing you a very Healthy New Year!

No comments: