Sunday, August 2, 2009

Today's the Day!

This is it! The weight is starting to creep up again and it's time to get back on track. Today I will join my local fitness center and return to faithfully living the Weight Watchers lifestyle. After all, I'm a lifetime member! There's just no excuse!

Experts say that accountability is an important factor in sticking to your weight loss goals (or any goals, for that matter). So there you have it. I've verbalized my commitment and you are going to hold me accountable for sticking with it. Right? I hope so.

Do you have a goal you want to reach? Have you somehow gotten off track or fallen off the wagon? It's not too late. If you're like me, at some point you've probably found yourself trying to lose weight or attempting to make a lifestyle change, and then you somehow got off track. Maybe you said something like, "Well, I've blown it now. Might as well just go ahead and splurge." Or perhaps you told yourself, "There's no point in even trying. I give up. It's just too hard."

If that's ever happened to you (and even if it hasn't), here are some tips for making a healthy lifestyle change and sticking with it:

1. Make a commitment and tell somebody else. Ask the person to hold you accountable.
2. Write down your goals and keep them in place where you will see them every day.
3. Establish a support system. Research shows that people who have a strong support system are more successful at reaching their goals. Joining a group such as Weight Watchers or TOPS is one way to do this.
4. Keep a log. Track your food and beverage intake and your exercise on a daily basis. It's been proven that people who do this lose more weight than those who don't.

Remember, today's the day. Don't worry about the past. Resolve to make a fresh start; set some goals and stick with them!

The Wellness Lady



No comments: